Reading: Matthew 4:18-25 .
"Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men" Matthew 4:19
If someone asked, "Who are you?" I suppose they'd tell a little about yourself and what you do. For example: "I am an electrician" or "I'ma nurse." But that's not what you really are, but what you do. Which begs the question: "If what you do is who you are, who you will be when you leave to do what you do? ".
Who are comes from your relationship with Jesus, and this sense of identity determine your behavior. Take, for example, Matthew. As tax collector for the government of the Roman Empire His life was motivated by greed. However, the day Jesus appeared and invited him to follow him, everything changed ( Matthew 9:9). Suddenly, Matthew had a completely new identity, as a follower of Christ! . And it was not the only one. In Matthew 4:18-25, we read about four fishermen Peter, Andrew, James and John, who left their nets to follow him.
Jesus is a convincing speaker and is still looking for supporters. He wants to do something in your life by giving you the personal identity of a follower of Christ. This does not mean abandoning your career, but you will do your work, and everything else that life according to His will and His ways. So the next time someone asks, "Who are you?" I hope you answer: "I am a follower of Jesus."
Reflection: If you are a follower of Christ does not need another identity.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Deuteronomy 32-34. Mark 15:26-47 .
"Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men" Matthew 4:19
If someone asked, "Who are you?" I suppose they'd tell a little about yourself and what you do. For example: "I am an electrician" or "I'ma nurse." But that's not what you really are, but what you do. Which begs the question: "If what you do is who you are, who you will be when you leave to do what you do? ".
Who are comes from your relationship with Jesus, and this sense of identity determine your behavior. Take, for example, Matthew. As tax collector for the government of the Roman Empire His life was motivated by greed. However, the day Jesus appeared and invited him to follow him, everything changed ( Matthew 9:9). Suddenly, Matthew had a completely new identity, as a follower of Christ! . And it was not the only one. In Matthew 4:18-25, we read about four fishermen Peter, Andrew, James and John, who left their nets to follow him.
Jesus is a convincing speaker and is still looking for supporters. He wants to do something in your life by giving you the personal identity of a follower of Christ. This does not mean abandoning your career, but you will do your work, and everything else that life according to His will and His ways. So the next time someone asks, "Who are you?" I hope you answer: "I am a follower of Jesus."
Reflection: If you are a follower of Christ does not need another identity.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Deuteronomy 32-34. Mark 15:26-47 .
0 comments:
Post a Comment